Collection Manager Terrestrial Invertebrates (Entomology)
+61 8 8207 7505
From July 2005 to November 2006, Peter was casually employed at the Museum as Assistant Collection Manager and then as Collection Manager in Entomology. Throughout 2007, he worked with Ecological Associates, a private environmental consultancy based in Adelaide. Peter was appointed as Collection Manager in Terrestrial Invertebrates (Entomology) in January 2008.
Taxonomy and ecology of terrestrial invertebrates living on salt lakes.
BSc (Hons), University of Adelaide (1991)
PhD, Flinders University (2000)
Hudson, P. Guest speaker on salt lakes, General Meeting of the Field Naturalists Society of South Australia, "Salt Lakes - nothing could live out there..... (or could it?)". 8 August 2012.
- López- López, A., Hudson, P., and Galian, J. (2012). Recent origin of a chiasmatic sex trivalent in Australian Pseudotetracha tiger beetles. Journal of Zoology 289: 262–269.
- López- López, A., Hudson, P., and Galian, J. (2012). The blackburni/murchisona species complex in Australian Pseudotetracha (Coleoptera: Carabidae: Cicindelinae: Megacephalini): evaluating molecular and karyological evidence. Journal of Zoological Systematics and Evolutionary Research 50: 177–183.
- Costelloe, J. F., Reid, J. R. W., Pritchard, J. C., Puckridge, J.T ., Bailey, V. E., and Hudson, P. J. (2010). Are alien fish disadvantaged by extremely variable flow regimes in arid-zone rivers. Marine and Freshwater Research 61: 857–863.
- Timms, B. V., and Hudson, P. (2009). The brine shrimps (Artemia and Parartemia) of South Australia, including descriptions of four new species of Parartemia (Crustacea: Anostraca: Artemiina). Zootaxa 2248: 47–68.
- Costelloe, J. F., Hudson, P., Pritchard, J., Puckridge, J. T., and Reid, J. R. W. (2006). ARIDFLO - Environmental flow requirements of arid zone rivers. Final report to Environment Australia, Canberra.
- Shiel, R. J., Costelloe, J. F., Reid, J. R. W., Hudson, P., and Powling, J. (2006). Zooplankton diversity and assemblages in arid zone rivers of the Lake Eyre Basin, Australia. Marine and Freshwater Research 57: 49–60.
- Costelloe, J. F., Powling, J., Reid, J. R. W., Shiel, R. J., and Hudson, P. (2005). Algal diversity and assemblages in arid zone rivers of the Lake Eyre Basin, Australia. River Research and Applications 21: 337–349.
- Hudson, P. J., Sheldon, F., and Costelloe, J. C. (2003). Aquatic macroinvertebrate biodiversity in the western Lake Eyre Basin: the role of naturally fluctuating salinity. Records of the South Australian Museum Monograph Series 7: 135–144.
- Costelloe, J. F., Puckridge, J. T., Reid, J. R. W., Pritchard, J., Hudson, P., Bailey, V., and Good, M. (2003). Environmental flow requirements in arid zone rivers - a case study from the Lake Eyre Basin, central Australia. Water Science & Technology 48: 65–72.
- Baehr, M., and Hudson, P. (2001). New species and a new genus of the subfamily Pogoninae from South Australia (Coleoptera: Carabidae). Records of the South Australian Museum 34: 1–18.