The Museum has travelled over 45,000 km since 2003, taking Museum collections and experts from its North Terrace premises all over the State.
We provide regional schools with curriculum-linked sessions, and science relevant to communities and their surrounding environments.
During 2016 we were able to visit the following:
- ‘Ancient Egypt’ themed Explorers’ Tent at WOMADelaide, Botanic Park
- Kadina Memorial School ‘Environment Day’
- Kangaroo Island ‘Science in the Park’
- Adelaide North Special School ‘Mobile Museum’
- Mount Gambier ‘STEM event’
- Whyalla ‘Marine Biodiversity’
- Peterborough Primary School ‘Ancient Civilisations’
- Munno Para Shopping Centre ‘Step Back in Time’ school holiday program
- Science Alive, Adelaide Showgrounds, Wayville
- Port Pirie ‘Kindergarten to Year 12 Science Expo’
- APY Lands & Hermannsburg, NT ‘Ancient Times & Bats’
- Riverland ‘Cyanotypes, Animal Adaptations/Extinctions, Amulet Making, Birds from the Riverland & Frogs from the Riverland
What people are saying:
We are too often overlooked in the country for just about everything. It is truly touching to have a group such as yourselves offer such a high quality program for rural and remote schools. The groups providing financial support for this initiative should know that their funding enriches not only the learning of country kids, but truly enriches their lives, opens their eyes beyond what their local community offers them and broadens their future potentials. Thank you.
Berri Primary School