Enjoy a free guided tour of the Museum with one of our friendly, experienced volunteer guides!
|When:||Monday – Friday, 11am|
|Weekends & Public Holidays
2pm & 3pm
Tours take in highlights of the Museum's collections, including:
- Australian Aboriginal Cultures Gallery (AACG),
- the giant squid from Life in the Deep,
- the adventure of In the Footsteps of Douglas Mawson,
- the spectacle of Ancient Egypt,
- the sparkling Minerals and Meteorites Gallery and
- the prehistoric wonder of the Opal Fossil Gallery.
Focus Guided Tours
Special free tours about research or collection areas in the Museum take place at the end of each month at 2pm.
|Fossils||25, 26, 28, 30 & 31 March|
|Biodiversity||29 & 30 April, 2 & 3 May|
|Ancient Egypt||27 - 31 May|
*Community group tours may incur a small fee. For a group tour or private tour, please contact the Friends of the South Australian Museum.